08 April 2007

Margaret Rose is here!


Margaret Rose was born 7 weeks early, on April 2nd at 1:56 pm. After my water breaking at 3:30am, I had contractions 3-4 minutes apart, with the doctor hoping nothing would change for 24 hours. I had a contraction somewhere between 1:30 and 1:45 that lasted for at least 8 minutes, Margaret's heart rate plunged and I was rushed out for an emergency c-section.

We are both doing well now. Margaret is still in the NICU, but has been doing remarkable and will hopefully be coming home soon. I came home on Thursday.

I will post a more detailed birth story soon. I am still working on writing it, not an easy task as there are so many emotions going on right now.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Congratulations on Margaret Rose's grand entrance. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well, but what a scare you all had!

I hope she's able to come home very soon.