04 November 2009

busy, busy bee

I have been very busy in the last couple weeks. It all started with the Habitat build, I got a taste of productivity and a sense of being needed, it was just what I needed to get motivated to moving forward in my life.

So, in the past week or so I have:
  • started working, part-time but it's work and I love it
  • started singing in the church choir
  • continued with my Boundaries class at church
  • continued to read my way through the Count of Monte Cristo...and I'm really enjoying this read :)
  • helped Dad winterize the swimming pool
  • planted crocus and tulip bulbs in the garden
  • started knitting on a new pair of sock for myself
  • made progress on knitting my sweater...I've only been working on it since Margaret was born (2 1/2 years!)...I hope I can finish it this year
  • spackled and sanded the walls in the basement and stairwell (working on a project Mom started)
  • painted said walls, the top half of them, the bottom still needs some primer before finishing
  • organised my room so that it is now a place of my own...still need to find some pictures to hang on the walls, but at least the packing boxes are no longer taking up space on the floor
  • organised my filing cabinet, going through papers from as far back as 12 years ago, throwing away 2 big garbage bags of said papers and appropriately filing the rest
  • sorted through clothes in my closet and drawers and designated 1 big bag for donations...I still have some to add though
  • gotten back to working on my thesis...working on some reading and figuring out my methodology
  • created a calendar and to-do list for myself...this consists of projects in the house, knitting projects, scheduled thesis work time and deadlines
All of this has brought me to a sense of belonging...I'm settling in here...I have a purpose...I'm happy...no matter what is thrown my way, I will take it in stride...nothing can bring me down again...

Yes, I have my moments when the tears well up and I wish I could just hold my kids and never let them go, and I sit in their rooms here and hold their stuffed animals and find the strength to go on...I am doing what I need to do for the sake of my kids...and they will know that and appreciate that one day.

In the meantime, I keep busy, I build relationships in this community and I continue to pray for God's will to be done.

No comments: