07 July 2009

Impatience may be appropriate at this time.


This is the fortune I found while cleaning up my bathroom the other day. I've been mulling it over in my head since then. It seems to fit my life right now.

Chez nous, we have been impatiently watching swallowtail caterpillars grow and change and we're now waiting for them to emerge as butterflies from their protective chrysalises. I have been impatiently working on my thesis and getting frustrated with its slow progress. I have been impatiently waiting for a court date to be scheduled while watching the days tick away.

Sometimes it takes impatience to make me work harder for things, to make me get things done.

The thesis is progressing, I'm reading and rereading and writing and rewriting...and taking appropriate breaks so I don't get overwhelmed. The progress is still slower than I would like, but I'll get it done.

The court date has been set, July 23rd. I have done everything I personally need to do to prepare, it is now in the hands of my attorney and then ultimately the judge's decision. I'm finding peace in my thoughts about this process, I'm not sure how, but it's there.

So my impatience has paid off in a way, but now I must remember that patience is even more important. I must be patient with myself in my writing, patient as I wait for July 23rd.

And good things do come to those who wait, the first Black Swallowtail butterfly emerged yesterday. God's world is beautiful and he provides so many opportunities for us to learn from his creatures, if only we will take the time to listen and watch.






No comments: