24 May 2013

A little bit of excitement

This morning (yesterday) I went to the doctor for my routine 34 week check-up. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor for a non-stress test, basically listen to the baby's heartbeat, measure contractions and movement. Well apparently Abby was sleeping because she really hardly moved during that time. So my doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. Since his ultrasound tech was at the hospital for her own pregnancy, he sent me over there. They hooked me up to the monitor and did the ultrasound. Thank goodness everything is just fine. Abby started moving plenty (although her head is already pretty far down, they couldn't get a clear picture of the circumference). So home we went, no additional restrictions.

Then it dawned on me soon she really is going to be here. My due date is in 6 weeks, but I'm pretty sure she'll be here before then. In three weeks would be ideal, hopefully not before that. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon sewing. I made a pocket diaper and a wetbag.

No comments: